Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking original Carpets

As per the title.
    I have a survivor BT6, in original RHD form with original carpets.
    It occurred to me that as my Carpets are worn on the drivers side sill and adjacent to the pedals, but are unworn on the passenger side, that a LHD car might have excellent Carpets on the passenger side, making these ideal to replace my worn ones and keep the survivor feel. I hope that makes sense!
    So, has anyone replaced their original dark grey square weave Carpets with new and kept their old ones, and are willing to part with them???

Simon I have my 62 original RHD carpets. I had to remove them as both sills were so worn they were almost 'ropes'. The rest was OK after cleaning. I used them as the patterns for the replacement sill components I had done at Tony Garcia.

Comment

A good way to clean original carpet is to soak it in Oxi-Clean for several. It does a nice job of loosening up dirt. No effect on the original dyed color.

Comment

For those really paying attention to details, the carpet supplied (typically) here in the US (by Autos International and Autobahn Interiors, for example) has loops which are too big.

Finer carpeting is available from a couple of suppliers in Germany. But it doesn't have the right jute backing.

So patching in original carpet is a worthy enterprise in my book.

Comment

Thank You for your replies!
          Still looking for original Right Hand Side carpets!
          I did manage to get hold of a proper RHD front rubber mat, in fact I found two so have a spare!
          For now I just use the car as Porsche intended!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X