Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHD 356 cars and details

Hi Guys
    I thought it was time to start a thread about Right Hand Drive 356's, the survivors, the ones that have passed on and the little things that Porsche did to make us who drive on the wrong side of the road, happy.

So this ones for Roy.
    Saw an old copy of Porsche Post (the UK club that was started in the early 60's).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Frontcover.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	84823

Interesting article about Roy's brothers very early car that was apparently converted to RHD.

Name:	Roysbrother.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	84824

This particular copy of the magazine is up for sale on UK eBay. PM me Roy and I'll pass on the item number if you're interested.

Next up is one of those little details on RHD cars.
    When I first saw an adapted combo gauge bracket like this I thought someone had bodged a broken bracket.
    Until another one turned up.

Name:	Unknown-20.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	84825

Looks like Porsche made these so that the bracket cleared one of the knobs.
    So if you have an original RHD 356 take a look under your dash and see if they are all like this.

I hope people will add pictures of their RHD 356's and share some of the differences with our LHD brothers and sisters.
    Regards
    Drew

Drew,

Thanks for advising me about the Porsche Post. I already have that copy. I also kept about 30 other issues of the original style from when I was a member of PCGB. I enjoyed the club in the late 60's and 70's but don't have contact now.

I will look at the gauge bracket on my RHD car.

Roy

Comment

Drew, your post made me crawl under the dash and have a look at my very original, Australian-delivered RHD, BT6 (62 build). The combo gauge retainer on mine is the type on the left.

The dash is pretty much unmolested (except for my team markings and the added fog light switch) and is still in original paint.

Comment

Working...
      X