1959 356A right hand drive project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 356A right hand drive project

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pic1sml.jpg Views:	188 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	109826Click image for larger version  Name:	Pic2sml.jpg Views:	234 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	109827Click image for larger version  Name:	Pic7sml.jpg Views:	267 Size:	90.0 KB ID:	109828
    Hi Guys
    The turmoil of the last couple of months has made me re-evaluate my current long list of projects, so I’m thinking of letting this one go.
    I’m asking for offers over £50k
    Here is the spec:
    1959 RHD 356A super coupe, original UK AFN delivery car.
    Chassis No. 106621
    Matching original super engine, rebuilt and ready to run No. P83347
    Correct 644 dual mount gearbox, numbered 17435 not 23177 as per the COA (so not numbers matching)
    98% complete with many restored parts and replacement sheet metal
    All original running gear, gauges and red interior
    Rebuilt front brakes and complete restored RHD pedal cluster.
    Even has it’s original 400mm (smaller) steering wheel as listed on the Certificate of Authenticity
    Ok so that’s mostly good news BUT this cars bodywork is shot, the floorpans and battery box are new but just bolted in as they will need to come out to address some of the worst patch welding I have ever seen.
    The front nose and wings are also in a bad way but it does come with a really nice replacement nose panel with partial left wing.
    The rear is in better condition apart from one of the light areas but I will also include a very good rear panel in the sale.
    Many other parts are included such as: new Bosch horns, new pedal boards, headlight buckets, drivers manual, and original green log book.
    This is not a driver, it will need some serious welding but will make a great car when complete, it’s original colour was Aquamarine Blue.

Regards
    Drew
    Last edited by Drew.s; 12-27-2021, 03:24 PM.

Hi Guys
    This ugly duckling has now found a new home, the new owner has his own restoration shop so is not daunted by the project.
    I will try and follow his progress and post a few updates on the forum.
    Cheers
    Drew

Comment

Working...
    X