Jack Staggs / Kerry Sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Staggs / Kerry Sink

Today, August 9th, 2018, is 20 years of working along side of Kerry. He just turned 58 on July 20. Any of you that have had the opportunity to have him answer the phone, answer questions, work on your car, or meet him at our 356 day celebration (or other non sanctioned events we put on), know just how dedicated he is to giving the most excellent service to everyone. Instead of having a joyous day celebrating this landmark achievement, he came by briefly to gather up the last of his belongings that were still here.
    It is with a broken heart that I have to tell you that this humble giant in the 356 world is laying down his tools. A couple months ago a tumor was found on his lung, among other issues.His doctors have advised him that he may have as little as 3 months before he goes to his reward.
    It has been an honor to serve with this man of integrity, as a co-worker, associate, partner, friend, and brother in arms. I never considered him as a employee or servant. I'm grateful for when he took the time to correct me in issues of ethics. Thank you Kerry. I love you.
    Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Sad news.. Give him our best.
    Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Really sorry to hear about Kerry's prognosis. Last time I spoke with you Jack I think you guys where waiting for further test results. At the very least I hope he can be kept comfortable and is able to make the most with family and friends with what time there is left.

Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

Horrid news. Love and thanks to Kerry and his family

Comment

Thanks for sharing Kerry's situation, and your feelings toward him. Many of us never know when our time will be up. Kerry's doctors have given him their guess at a time. Can always hope for miracles but...

Will keep Kerry in thoughts and prayers.

Comment

This is big in your business, this is bigger to Kerry and big in the big scheme of things. The thinning of the ethical and knowledgeable 356 persons is inevitable but sadly those like Kerry are not being replaced.

And, damn it, he's "just a kid." My sidekick of 16 years, Ed, 60 years old, is due back soon from an MRI of his head, as a CT scan revealed some sort of "mass" in the center of his brain, possibly the cause of his constant headaches due to the restriction of blood in certain places. His wife, a teacher, has recently been diagnosed with a blood cancer and given an 8-to-10 year prognosis if the chemo doesn't kick it.

It's just a damned shame about Kerry. The good should NOT die young!
            Best regards to you both! Big changes for you both that all of us must deal with eventually.

Bruce Baker

Comment

trevorcgates@gmail.com
              Engine # P66909... are you out there
              Fun 356 events in SoCal = http://356club.org/

Comment

One of the best complements I ever received was one day when Kerry looked over at me and said, "You know, Craig, I like you". I'll never get over Kerry.
                Craig Richter

Comment

Thanks Trevor for the words Kerry sent. Absolutely a great mix of experience and common sense. Also the awareness of what has changed in our automotive world that affects the 356s.

The last words of Kerry's primer (primmer) make a great quote: "The most important thing you can do is to drive your car on a regular basis and get it up to operating temperature for at least an hour a month, if not more. Letting it idle in the driveway is just not as much fun, is it?"

The 'sitting on pedestals' I see now are killing the 356s most everywhere. Even I am conditioned to a degree....I'd be putting 'test miles' on a 356 right now......if it weren't raining hard. Instead, I'm writing here and identifying with Kerry and naturally, Jack. We (including Craig) are from a background of driving ours or someones everyday.

Peace.... brothers,
                  Bruce

Comment

Words of wisdom from Kerry, whom I have never met but nonetheless, feel a kinship. Think I'll go for a drive...
                    Cheers,
                    Joel

Comment

Well, it's time for us to bid a fond farewell to Kerry. The Lord called him home today in the wee hours of the morning. By accounts of those present with him at his time, it was a peaceful passing in his own home, a native son of San Clemente. His impish smile, wry humor, work ethic, and dedication to his friends and family will be missed by all who were fortunate to know him.
                      Until we meet again dear friend,
                      God bless you & I love you.
                      Jack
                      Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

Jack
                        Sorry to read of this great loss. Tough time for his family and close friends such as yourself.
                        Phil

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C49C341A-2C66-4048-B92E-D21356EB3C8C.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	103646
                          trevorcgates@gmail.com
                          Engine # P66909... are you out there
                          Fun 356 events in SoCal = http://356club.org/

Comment

Comment

RIP sir.

A few years ago I having a issue with my brakes on my car. I noticed from invoices that Jack/Kerry had last worked on the brakes. Kerry took my call and politely asked my stupid questions. He didn't have to since it had been quite a few years since the car had been with them. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X